Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merapakaaya Pappu

All my life I grew up eating different kinds of daals. My mom is just superb in making all kinds fo daals!!! I love my mom! I was very suprised in fact that at my in laws place they do not make mirchi daal it seems. So here is the recipe for mirchi daal.

Dont get scared! It is not spicy at all. Actually it is very tasty and creamy as you fry the mirchi in ghee and add lots of coconut as well. I hope you like this dish and enjoy it.

Choose those green chillies light green color and thin and 2 inches long. These are not very spicy. If you know mirchis the guntur ones which are dark green color and short are the most spiciest ones.!!

1. Take 10 peices of green chillies wash them nicely and take off their heads.
2. Slit them one side and keep ready
3.Take ghee in a pan and one hot add mustard seeds, jeera, hing. Add tumeric and then add green chillies. Keep flame on low and fry the chillies for 1 min.
4. Then add fresh tamarin juice 2 tbspn and add some water. Add curry leaves
5. Now add cooked daal and mix well
6. Add fresh grated coconut it in now. mix well again. Add salt

Serve hot with rice and papad.

No comments: